Dave Trader Jiu-Jitsu Competition Team
Manassas Mixed Martial Arts features a grappling program which has quickly become one of the most well respected in the DC Metro Area. Our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program, headed by 2nd degree blackbelt instructor Dave Trader, has become well known for producing a series of fierce and highly skilled competitors.
In just three short years, the program has produced champions in each of the highest skill level divisions at GrapplersQuest, the most prestigious and competitive tournament series in the country. This feat has been accomplished across both the men’s and women’s divisions, as well as the teen division – a feat few schools established for a decade or more can boast. Even more impressively, these advanced division gold medalists all had no previous grappling or wrestling experience prior to joining our team.
The proof is in the results. No matter how modest or ambitious your goals, if you have the desire and determination our program can help you achieve them!
I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under 2nd degree blackbelt Dave Trader since May 2007. I first started training just to appease my boyfriend. I had no idea what Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was – in fact, had never even seen the UFC. Needless to say, I wasn’t very serious about jiu-jitsu. But at some point, all of that changed. Maybe it was after I got my first submission on one of the guys. Since getting serious, I have rarely missed a class and have been a very active competitor. I was awarded my blue belt in March of 2010.
Over the past two years, I have become one of the most active female jiu-jitsu competitors in the country with a goal of averaging one tournament each month. I have traveled and competed in California, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Virginia. I have competed, at the highest level, in some of the largest and most prestigious jiu-jitsu and grappling tournaments. Recently, I twice defeated, via submission, the 2011 IBJJF Worlds Blue Belt Silver Medalist at my weight and fully expect to take home the gold medal at the IBJJF Worlds in 2012.
- 2011 GQ World Championships Women’s Advanced No-Gi Absolute Runner-Up
- 2011 GQ World Championships Women’s Advanced No-Gi 140-159.9 Champion
- 2011 GQ World Championships Women’s Blue Belt 140-159.9 Champion
- 2011 GQ Beast of the East VI Women’s Advanced No-Gi Absolute Champion
- 2011 GQ Beast of the East VI Women’s Advanced No-Gi 140-159.9 lbs Champion
- 2011 IBJJF New York Open Women’s Blue Belt Open Runner-Up
- 2010 GQ World Series of Grappling Women’s No-Gi Advanced Open Champion
- 2010 USBJJF American Nationals Women’s Blue Belt Open Runner-Up
- 2010 US Grappling: Diamond State Games Women’s No-Gi Inter.147lbs Champion
- 2010 US Grappling: Diamond State Games Women’s No-Gi Inter. Absolute Champion
- 2010 US Grappling: Diamond State Games Women’s Blue Belt Absolute Champion
- 2009 Copa Nova Women’s White Belt Heaveyweight Champion
- 2008 GQ U.S. Nationals Women´s White Belt Absolute Champion
- 2008 GQ U.S. Nationals Women´s No-Gi Beginner Middleweight Champion
When I first started training Jiu Jitsu with Team Dave Trader back in 2009, I was a 265 pound “wannabe” gangster. Training with Dave and his team has changed my life in more ways than I can describe in a short testimonial. Within just a few months I was so much more athletic and flexible than when I started. After only 8 months of training (and 2 months of dieting) I had lost over 40 pounds. I also feel like I matured into a much more focused and responsible person because of the people I was surrounded by in the gym – it is truly a great group of people. Everyone on the team has been willing to me and offer advice both inside and outside of class. Now at a muscular 205 pounds, I am proud to say I am a team member and competitor at Dave Trader Jiu Jitsu.
- 2012 VHSL Wrestling AAA Cardinal District Champion
- 2011 US Grappling Richmond Men’s White Belt 202lbs – Champion
- 2011 US Grappling Richmond Teen No-Gi Advanced 185+ – Champion
- 2011 US Grappling Richmond Teen Gi Advanced 185+ – Champion
- 2011 Winter Copa Nova Men’s No Gi Beginner Absolute Champion
- 2011 Winter Copa Nova Men’s White Belt Absolute 3rd Place
- 2010 Grapplers Quest World Series of Grappling Teen Gi Advanced Heavyweight – Champion
- 2010 Grapplers Quest World Series of Grappling Teen No Gi advanced Heavyweight – 2nd