Martial Arts Instructors at Manassas Mixed Martial Arts
Head Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor
Dave begin training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1996 with Leo Dalla receiving his blue belt and competing in several major tournaments before Dalla returned to Brazil. Dave continue his training with fellow Dalla student Lloyd Irvin, eventually receiving both his purple and brown belts from Lloyd as well as notching a number of tournament victories in both Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Judo. Following some time off due to injury, Dave returned to training with Dalla and was awarded his blackbelt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu in 2005. Dave is known for possessing an extremely well rounded ground game consisting of excellent throws and takedowns, tremendous pressure when on top, slick submissions from the bottom and a nearly unpassable guard.
- 2013 IBJJF New York Open Black Belt Senior 2 Featherweight champion
- 2013 IBJJF New York Open Black Belt Senior 2 Open Weight Silver Medalist
- 2009 Copa Nova Advanced No-Gi Lightweight champion
- 2008 US Grappling Advanced Featherweight No-Gi champion
- 2008 Grapplers Quest US Nationals Advanced SuperFeatherweight No-Gi Silver Medalist
- 2007 US Grappling Advanced No-Gi champion
- 2006 CBJJ World Championship blackbelt quarter-finalist
- 2005 Capital Classic Lightweight superfight champion
Dave combines his technical expertise in jiu-jitsu with a passion for teaching both beginners and advanced students and is quickly becoming recognized for his ability to develop championship caliber competitors. Armed with a complete understanding of jiu-jitsu fundamentals as well as a thorough understanding of more advanced techniques, tournament strategies, and tournament preparation, Dave can provide anyone with exactly what they need whether their goal is to win at the highest level of competition or to just improve their game. Dave is available for Personal Training by appointment.
Head Judo Instructor
Pic & Bio coming soon!
Kids Martial Arts Instructor
Michelle began training jiu-jitsu with Team Dave Trader in 2007 and has developed into an excellent competitor. She is one of the most active female competitors on the local, regional, and national tournament circuits. Always in the medal mix, Michelle recently demonstrated why she is one of the most promising American female grapplers by winning the Women’s Advanced Absolute Division at GrapplersQuest World Series of Grappling. Look for Michelle to make her mark internationally in 2011.
- 2014 IBJJF World Championship Blue Belt Medium Heavy Weight Medalist
- 2014 IBJJF Pan Am Championship Blue Belt Middle Weight Medalist
- 2014 IBJJF International New York Spring Open Blue Belt Medium Heavy Weight and Absolute Champion
- 2014 IBJJF International New York Summer Open Blue Belt Medium Heavy Weight and Absolute Medalist
- 2013 IBJJF World Championship Blue Belt Middle Weight Medalist
- 2013 IBJJF International New York Spring Open Blue Belt Middle Weight Champion and Absolute Medalist
- 2013 IBJJF International New York Summer Open Blue Belt Absolute Champion
- Multiple Time Grapplers Quest No-Gi Advanced Weight Class and Absolute Champion
- Multiple Time US Grappling Champion
Michelle combines her passion for jiu-jitsu with her passion for teaching children as the instructor of our Kids Martial Arts program. Be sure to check out Michelle’s blog where she details her jiu-jitsu experiences, offers some jiu-jitsu insights, further training & competition updates, as well as a unique female perspective on the sport.
Assistant Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor
Muay Thai Instructor